Regarding our healthcare system
- PLoS Medicine - http://journals.plos.org/plosmedicine/article?id=10.1371/journal.pmed.1001902
Saver BG, Martin SA, Adler RN, Candib LM, Deligiannidis KE, Golding J, Mullin D, Roberts M, Topolski S. (2015) Care that Matters: Quality Measurement and Health Care. PLos Med 12(11):e1001902. Doi:10:1371/journal. Pmed. 1001902
- MedPageToday - "Blues' Quality Contract Raising Hackles in Massachusetts"
- Boston Globe - "Health insurer has a distorted sense of quality"
- JAMA - "Professionalism, Self-regulation, and Motivation; How did Health Care Get This So Wrong?"
Regarding ways to improve the system
- JAMA - "Measuring Vital Signs; An IOM Report on Core Metrics for Health and Health Care Progress"
- BMJ - "Margaret McCartney: For better primary care, pay GPs for service"
- Telegraph - "Patients views should be put first when it comes to statins"
- Wall Street Journal - "How House Calls Can Cut Medical Costs"
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - "No One Left Behind: Technology can be used to cut health care disparities"
Blue Cross Blue Shield Quality Metrics Report Card
We would like to thank DynaMed, a leader in evidence-based medical analysis, for their work in grading metrics that are being used in the current healthcare system. We have created a report card based on their work.
Of note, the quality metrics that are listed in green meet criteria, but are "good" metrics if they are done in a patient-centered manner, with patient input into their care.